Since I started my journey to being free a few years ago, I’ve become a self-development (personal growth) junkie. From reading books, watching Ted Talks, journaling, I'm intentional about doing the inner work in order to improve my life.
I'm determined to create a fulfilling life that feels good to me inside and out and I understand that the work starts from the inside.
I am passionate about growing and just being better overall while I help others grow as well. This is one of the many reasons why I launched my coaching business because I wanted to empower women to discover what they want for their lives and be free to live it.
Self-development is ongoing, it never stops because there will always be some area of your life that you're working on. Just when you think you got it all together, you realize how much growing you still have to do.
When you practice self-development, you're investing in yourself and being proactive on how you want to show up in the world.
3 Benefits of Self Development
You'll have clarity about what you want to accomplish in life and you'll understand the path that it'll take to get there. You'll be more focused on creating short and long term goals that will improve your life.
- You'll be more self-aware about what you want for your life and more importantly what you don't want. You'll become clear of your values and priorities. You'll realize the importance of living the life you want on your own terms and you'll start to care less about what others think.
- You'll be motivated to keep growing in order to reach your fullest potential. You'll be focused on taking action every day in order to keep moving forward.
You want self development to become a part of your everyday lifestyle not just something you do off and on. I recommend starting with adding a few things at a time until it becomes a habit and a way of life.
Daily Tips To Improve Your Life
- Spend time daily working on you. Revisit your goals and make adjustments as necessary. Read books, listen to podcasts, recite affirmations, journal. Feed your soul with positive thoughts, words, and messages that will help you grow as an individual.
- Embrace silence. I don’t know if it has anything to do with me getting older, but I yearn for quiet times when I can just be alone with my thoughts. Meditation has helped me really get in tune with my emotions and shifting my mindset to think more positive.
- Visualize your future self. I know it may sound woo-woo, but the key to living the life you want is to actually envision how your life will look in the future. Don't stop there because you have to believe with everything in your being that your ideal life is possible. Simply visualize, believe and do the work to make your dream become your reality.
- Connect with like-minded people. If you want to grow, surround yourself with people that are as ambitious as you and will hold you accountable. Also, connect with people who are more successful than you and will push you to your greatness
- Take action. Of course, you knew I was going to say that right. Don’t be a talker, be a doer. Be intentional every day with taking steps to shift your life in the right direction
Monthly Goals For June
Ok, I'm trying this again. You may remember a few months back, ok more like 7 months ago I was sharing my monthly goals with you. At some point, I fell off track due to focusing on creating other content. I figured since we're officially in the 2nd half of the year, I would kick it off by sharing what I'm working on each month.
Posting my goals on the site helps me stay on track with what I'm working on and I have a community of people holding me accountable, which is so important.
Starting this month, I'll share a word or phrase for the month along with a few of my monthly goals. Here we go!
Run or Bike Ride 5X Per Week
Now that the weather is finally nice I want to spend more time exercising outdoors. Plus where I'm from we only get a few days of summer so I have to take advantage of it as much as I can. I typically run 4 miles each time I run or I'll bike the same distance with my kids.
Finish Two Books
I'm reading about 5 books right now. Crazy, right! I want to complete at least 2 of the 5 so I can go on to finish the others. The two books I'm reading this month are...
Create an online version for the BeFree Life Class Goals, Vision, Life Series
Last month I wrapped up the BeFree Life Class Goals, Vision, Life three part series. I shared really great content to help women start the journey of discovering what they want for their life and how to take action. Many of you have reached out to me and asked would I travel to your city or offer DVD's of the event. For now, I decided to create an online version + workbooks that will be available for you to download really soon.
What goals are you working on this month? What self-development practice will you incorporate into your daily routine?