Last year while driving I had an epiphany and said out loud “I don’t have enough fun.” Yes, I’m busy building my business and doing what I love, but a part of me felt like something was missing because I am not doing things just for the fun of it.
I'm committed to making a positive impact in the world through my business and my personal life. I want the best for everyone and my hope is to see all of us, yes you too, live a life that feels good inside and out. And what I've come to realize is that in order to avoid burnout, I need to take breaks and have a little fun along the journey.
Recently I received an email from a young lady who was taking the Free Your Mind Writing Challenge and one of the prompts was... list 20 things that make you happy. She said she struggled with making a list because she didn't know what really made her happy versus what "should" make her happy.
Trust me she's not alone...
Later that evening I texted my bestie and here's a glimpse of our conversation...
Me: I just had thought while driving.... I don't have enough fun. Like I'm doing a lot but I can't say I'm having fun.
Bestie: What could you be doing to have more fun?
Me: Concerts, traveling, activities like going to plays and musicals, laughter with friends, festivals and just being around people having a good time. Do you think you have enough fun?
Bestie: That's good stuff. Honestly, I haven't thought about fun much, so that probably means no, lol.
We kept texting and then I started asking other people that I talk to often if they had fun. Let me just say the majority of the women I posed this question to are not having fun in their life.
This has to change!
The whole mission of BeFree Project is to teach women how to get unstuck and inspire them to live a life that feels good to them inside and out.
I decided to create a bucket list of all the things I want to experience in my life and what better than to name it my "be free" list!
I had so much fun writing down all the things I want to do and prior to creating my list I didn't realize there were so many things I wanted to do. Now I have no excuse not to have more fun in my life.
I'm always telling you guys to be free and live and my goal is to practice exactly what I preach. Scroll down to check out my list and then I would love for you to share something on your "Be Free" List in the comments below.
- Run a 5K
- Run a 1/2 marathon
- Become a daily runner
- Do Whole30
- Become a vegan/plant based diet for 6 months
- Give up sugar for a month
- Learn to swim
- Improve my public speaking skills
- Cook vegetarian/vegan recipes
- Understand basic human psychology
- Practice yoga
- Improve my writing skills
- Improve my knowledge on Squarespace
- Be featured in a magazine
- Reach 10k followers on IG
- Get 5k on Pinterest
- Speak at Essence Festival
- Launch product line for GBF (shirts, totes, mugs, affirmation cards )
- Run my own successful business
- Start a podcast
- Host my own conference or retreat
- Create multiple streams of income
- Speak at Ted Talk
- Speak on stage with Eric Thomas
- Create a membership/subscription site
- Trademark BFP & GBF
- Keynote speaker at conference
- Meet and collaborate with Hey Fran Hey, Alex Elle, Lisa Nicole Bell
- Own my own working space/empowerment center
- Hire a team
- Have a mentor
- Host BeFree Life Classes in other states
- Make a difference in someone’s life
- Be someone’s mentor
- Start a scholarship fund
- Do a charity run
- Make a financial impact in someone’s life
- Start a non-profit organization
- Pay for a young girl’s college tuition
- Be an angel investor to help fund a young girl of color business startup
- Visit Ghana, Spain, India
- Go to CA - San Diego, San Francisco, LA
- Go on a 7-day cruise
- Vacation in a beach house
- Visit the 6 continents
- Take an international trip with my family
- Visit Jamaica, Bahamas St. Croix, Dominican Republic, St. Lucia
- Take a girls trip out of state/country with my BFF's
- See the great wall of China
- Take yearly trips with my hubby
- Visit Tokyo
- Visit Toronto
- Walk the Golden Gate Bridge
- Visit the top ten bookstores in the USA
- see a Broadway Show in NYC
- See the Grand Canyon
- Visit Sedona, Az
- Visit National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Take a solo road trip
- Live in another country for 3 months
- Write and publish my book
- Write my will
- Be a mentee
- Share my story with a large crowd
- Hire a maid for a month
- Have a personal chef cook for a night
- Live in a different city for 3 months experience the culture and move somewhere else
- Master the art of self-confidence
- Write a note and leave it in a library book
- Become a millionaire by 42
- Read 48 Laws of Power and Mastery
- Compliment someone every day for a week
- Create my own personal manifesto
- Go snorkeling
- Make my own washing detergent
- Swim in the ocean
- Be a guest on a talk show
- Go bike riding with my family
- Watch the sunrise on the beach
- Watch the sunset on the beach
- Be an extra in a film
- Take a cooking class
- Take my daughter to get a mani/pedi
- Eat a meal from a famous chef
- Take my kids to see a musical in NYC
- Spend a weekend at a spa resort
- Attend a self-care retreat
- Go to a yoga retreat
- Play badminton
- Sing karaoke in public
- Meditate with a large group
- Bake and decorate a birthday cake
- Meet Oprah
- Pick fresh blackberries or blueberries
- Host a brunch
- Make homemade ice cream with my kids
- Take an improv class
- Attend more events in my city and set reminders in my phone to do them
- Try 10 new restaurants in my city
- Teach a vegetarian cooking class
- Go on a no-budget shopping spree
- Cook a vegetarian Thanksgiving dinner
- Become debt free
- Pay off student loan debt
- Pay off car
- Save 1k, 5k,10k
- Make 10k, 25k,50k in business
- Alt Summit
- Blog Her
- Front row seat at Beyonce concert
- World Domination Summit
- See Solange in concert
- See Lauryn Hill in concert
- Attend an award show
- Be honored at an award show
What's one thing on your "be free" list that you want to accomplish in your lifetime?