One of my goals this year is to build my brand locally and spread the word about BeFree Project. I understand that in order for me create a successful business I need to connect with influencers online and offline.
Last week I was invited to be a guest panelist for the "Blood, Sweat & Heels" Women in Business Empowerment Luncheon. I was so excited about the opportunity to be amongst other women who are doing amazing things in Cleveland.
I was asked to speak on how women can identify their purpose and passion in life. I chose to share the seven steps I took to get crystal clear about what I wanted for my life.
Before I share the steps with you, let me first say that even though I was excited about the opportunity, I was also a little fearful because I was out of my comfort zone.
The negative voice in my head started saying, “you’re not good enough to speak,” “who are you to be on a panel with these successful women?” “you just started your business and you’re not ready yet.”
The panel of women consisted of an OB-GYN, Senior VP, Chief of Public Affairs, State Representative and other successful entrepreneurs. Anyone in my position would be slightly intimated to speak with women of their caliber.
However, I had to speak against every negative thought I was having and affirm myself that I was invited to speak for a reason and what I had to share was valuable.
The question I was specifically asked was, “How can a woman identify her passion and purpose to become a fierce competitor in whatever industry she chooses to establish herself?”
7 STEPS TO TAKE TO IDENTIFY YOUR PASSION AND PURPOSE
- Figure out what you want for your life; spend time meditating, praying, journaling, and get crystal clear about what you’re passionate about
- Think about what makes you come alive; what makes your heart sing; what do you get asked to do most from others and you love doing it
- Once you figure out what you’re passionate about, master your craft; study and read all you can and connect with people who are where you want to be
- Share your story and craft it into your business and tell it often. Your story helps you stand out from the crowd and sets you a part from your competition
- Be excellent and authentic to who you are
- Be laser focused on what you’re building; be aware of competition, but don’t get distracted; stay in your lane
- Everyone’s journey is different, don’t compare yourself to others. We all have unique gifts to offer the world; focus on what makes you special
Prior to the start of the luncheon, I texted a few of my friends and ask them to send up prayers for me and they agreed and sent me words of encouragement. I'm proud to say, I spoke very confidently on what I felt the audience needed to here and I did an amazing job.
I am SO proud of the woman I’m becoming and it makes my heart smile that I'm able to do what I love and share what I know to be true to help others.
After the luncheon I was flattered that women came up to me saying that I was such an inspiration and that my energy was so fresh.
What I’ve learned is that even though my credentials were different from the other ladies on the panel, I had a right to be there because someone needed to be inspired by what I had to say.
You're tired of going through the motions of life. You know there's more to life than the life you're currently living. You feel stuck and unfulfilled and you desire more for your life. But where the heck do you start?
The Get Unstuck Workbook is designed to help you gain clarity about what you want for your life and how to start your journey to being free.