Every year on my birthday I like to take the time to reflect on how much I've grown and think about areas of my life where I want to be better. I treat my birthday as if it's my own personal new year where I like to think about my goals, wins, opportunities, etc.
I've learned a lot over the years so I tried to narrow down some of the most important lessons that stand out and hopefully you'll be inspired to create a list of your own.
Ok, here we go...
1. My past doesn’t define me. I don’t have to accept what happened to me as the end all be all.
2. Live life now. There’s no such thing as a perfect time. Whatever I want to pursue in life, NOW is the time.
3. Face your fears even with the butterflies in your stomach and know growth is coming.
4. Being connected to positive like-minded women is SO needed and will help you in more ways than you’ll ever know.
5. Be honest with how you really feel. Don’t silence your voice to make others feel comfortable. Speak up for yourself.
6. Don’t spend all your time working. Take time to LIVE and have fun.
7. Create rich experiences. Do things that will make you feel good on the inside.
8. Don’t sweat failure. You will make mistakes and that’s ok, you’re human.
9. Don't compare your life to others. Everyone is on their own personal journey.
10. Take care of your mind, body, and soul.
11. I am stronger than I give myself credit for.
12. Gratitude is medicine for the soul. Big or small always take the time to simply say “thank you.”
13. Stop being so hard on yourself. You are not your mother nor will you ever be. Focus on being the best mother and wife only you can be.
14. In order to grow, I have to invest in myself.
15. Self-care isn’t optional it’s a necessity.
16. Don’t focus on things you can’t control, because it’s a complete waste of time.
17. Celebrate small wins. Take each day one step at a time.
18. What God has for me is for me. Be laser focused on what you’ve been created to do.
19. Talk less and take more action.
20. It’s ok to put you first and there's no need to feel guilty for it.
21. You know more than you think. You don’t need approval from anyone else.
22. Education never stops. Become a life learner.
23. Being stuck is a choice, at any time I can change my life.
24. Changing my life won't be easy, but it’s worth it.
25. Your story isn’t yours, once you heal it’s meant to be shared to inspire others.
26. You can design the life you want on your terms and be free.
27. You don’t have to do everything on your own, it’s ok to ask for help.
28. Surround yourself with people who are smarter than you.
29. Do more things that make you happy.
30. No dream is too big. You can be free to live the life you want as long as you do the work.
31. I am good enough and I don’t have to settle for living an average life.
32. Money doesn’t make you happy, being in your purpose does.
33. Spend time with family members they won’t always be around.
34. Change the way you think and you’ll change your life.
35. Always be true to who you are. Always.
36. It’s ok to march to the beat of your own drum. Be you unapologetically.
37. You don’t have to everything figured out. You just have to be willing to show up for yourself every single day.
I am beyond blessed to experience 37 years of life, to be fully walking in my purpose and impacting lives all over the world.
Honestly, when I started shifting the direction of my life several years ago, BeFree Project wasn’t even an idea,
I just knew I needed to take action towards creating a better life for myself and now as a result of doing the work, I am helping other women just like me do the same. I am so grateful.
I hope as you read through my life lessons, you're inspired to get unstuck and be free to live the life you want. Please know you're worth it and you NEVER have to settle for living an average life.
We all know tomorrow isn’t promised so don’t waste another minute being stuck. Figure out what you're here on earth to do and be bold enough to chase your dreams with everything that you have.
Be Free & Live!
What's the most important lesson you've learned over the last year?