This past Saturday marked my one year anniversary in business, and I can’t believe it’s been a year since I launched BeFree Project. So much has happened in the past 12 months and I’ve grown both professionally and personally. I’ve met some amazing women, hosted a number of meet ups, coached clients, read books, attended events and conferences, featured on podcast and blogs and so many other things has happened in only one year.
As I reflect over the last 12 months I’m amazed that I've accomplished so much in a short amount of time and I know this only happened because I'm passionate about helping other women create the life they desire and be free.
This year has not been all peaches and cream, I've made mistakes, had some trials and challenges and at times I questioned if I was doing the right thing. I've learned so much about myself and I know that I am much stronger today than I was when I started.
I'm committed to helping other women just like me begin to believe in themselves and their dreams, figure out what they want their life to look like it and then chase their dreams no matter what.
12 Lessons I've Learned
- Everything will not be perfect. Mistakes will happen. Learn from them and keep it moving.
- Fear is real. We all experience it at some point, however don’t allow fear to keep you stuck and stagnant. Feel the fear and do it anyway.
- Don’t get discouraged. Entrepreneurship is a roller coaster. There will be days when everything is going really well and then you will have days when you feel like pulling all of your hair out. One bad day does not mean that you’re doing the wrong thing.
- Everybody will not be #TeamBeFreeProject. Know your audience and focus on them.
- Stay prayed up. Trust me you’ll need it to get you through.
- You will not win at everything. Failure is going to happen it’s a part of life. Accept it, learn from it and keep going.
- I am unique and I have special gifts to offer the world. "Comparison is the thief of joy." There’s no need to compare yourself to anyone else stay laser focused on your purpose and do what God has called you to do.
- It's equally important to build a community offline as it is online. Social media is great but you have to get from behind the computer and get out and meet other people.
- When someone tells you no that’s just getting you closer to a yes. Don’t take it personal what God has for you is for you.
- Grow slowly. You don’t have to do everything at the same time. Discover your niche and be comfortable in your own space.
- Take a break otherwise you will burn yourself out. Create time in your day where you can unwind.
- Time is more valuable than money. Who and what you spend your time on matters. Use your time wisely.
I wanted to share some pictures with you from events over the last 12 months plus I added a few of my family. Enjoy!
When you're doing what you love time will just fly by, don't waste your time existing and not living the life you've been called to. I created the Get Unstuck Workbook to help you begin to get clarity on what you want for your life and help you jumpstart your journey to being free.
I want to encourage you to dream big and don't get discouraged along your journey. We all have unique gifts to offer the world. Figure out your purpose and never give up because there are people in the world who need what you have to offer.
How are you living out your dreams?